Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Paddling Kayaks Can Cause Back Pain, But Apparently Canoes Are Problematic Too

This is  W kayak review from a Canadian canoeist who has suffered from back pain:

-"The most important thing for me is that I can ride the [W] kayak “straddled” [I.E. in the Riding Position] with my knees bent. I have a back condition that has made the past few years of using a regular canoe painful after a short time out. I must always kneel in a canoe because I cannot sit with my legs straight out in front of me without causing back pain.
I still can use the canoe but am limited to about 1/2 hour before I need to hit the beach and get out and stretch. Your design is much easier on my back and I can easily turn around when I need to stretch a bit."

Read the entire review >>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

canoes cause less pain in the legs and back, but they are more difficult to paddle than kayaks are